We take breathing for granted, but all human beings need clean air to stay alive and remain healthy. The pollutants in air affect our health both outdoors and indoors. Air quality also affects every living thing -- animals and plants as well as humans. Clean air should be recognized as a right for everything living on the Earth.
PLANNED MAIN SUBCATEGORIES for this website - (Send suggestions for other ways to arrange this topic to the editor, Susan Korté, at ProvGardener)
MAIN AIR INTERNET RESOURCES
Main sources of information about Rhode Island air quality are:
- RI DEM Office of Air Resources
- RI Department of Health
- Pollution Locator: Smog and Particulates - Rhode Island - Note: Data is very out of date for this resource.
- Note that the Pollution Locator can be searched by zip code for several types of pollutants
- State of the Air in RI (American Lung Association)
- Toxics in RI: A Town by Town Profile (Toxics Information Center, 2008)